Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sunday

Have I mentioned that I am often cranky on Sundays. So it is today. Too many obligations. Anywhoo. I made cookies for our annual neighborhood cookie swap and wrapping party. The 'hood adopts a family and we get together and wrap the gifts and exchange cookies. I made Cinnamon Nutmeg Cookies from Sweet Maria's Italian Cookie Tray cookbook. Being physically unable to not mess with a recipe, I added a 1/4 t. baking powder to the recipe. Cream 1 cup sugar, 3 oz cream cheese and 1 cup of sugar. Add one egg yolk and mix. Slowly add 2 1/2 cups flour (and baking powder if you wish) until combined (don't over mix). Make dough into 1 inch balls and roll in a mixture of 1/4 c. sugar, 1 t. cinnamon and 1 t. nutmeg then mash lightly to flatten just a bit. Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes.

While I was doing that, I decided to embark again on my quest for a decent chai recipe. I got a start from a friend who makes it so often, she doesn't really have a recipe - she just throws it together. I have a way to go, but today's was pretty good. I need to mash some of the cardamom I think. I'll post that when I get a little closer.

Oh, and I had company.

1 comment:

becca said...

omg it's a catloaf!