Saturday, December 8, 2007

Light at the End of the Tunnel

So, I completed exactly one of the three assignments I have to do for my class, all of which are due Monday. Remarkably, I am feeling pretty chippr about it even though I know that tomorrow is going to be miserable. Just knowing there is an end is remarkably freeing. Sort of like opening night at the theater. Ready or not, it arrives and you go on stage, or cower backstage like me.

And speaking of theater, the dress debuted last night in a Little Night Music. I can't wait to see it in action. Here is a poor photo. It is darned cute on the little cutie that wears it. And she likes it, which is nice. Not everyone loves their costumes in a show. I know that probably comes as a shocker to you ....


And in celebration of finishing one of my papers and having successfully finished the Stinking Dress Project (as it became to be know wen it ran over schedule by more than a week) I made Pumpkin Bread out of an old and familiar and wonderful book called World of Breads. Of course I have modified it some, so here is my version....

Mix 1/2 c. of melted butter with 1 1/2 cups of brown and white sugar and 1 3/4 cup of mashed cooked pumpkin. Add three eggs, a teaspoon of cinnamon, a teaspoon of salt. Add the finely grated rind of one lemon and some shredded fresh ginger (about 1.5 inches) Sift together 3.5 cups of all purpose flour and 1.5 cups of fine cornmeal and 2 tablespoons of baking powder. Mix it together with the wet ingredients, adding milk or condensed milk if it is too dry. Pour it into two loaf pans, let it sit for 20 minutes then bake at 350 until done. It is pretty tasty. It would likely have been puffier if I had left out the cornmeal, but I thought corn and pumpkin would be a nice American bread.

1 comment:

becca said...

omg, it's GORGEOUS.
Good job, you.