Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmemetime

Yes, my turn. This comes at exactly the time I am struggling with the holiday season. It isn't my fault though. I have been distracted. THEY used to wait until after January 1. I am distracted..... See, I said that already. I can't stop thinking about springtime now. I used to think the winters were manageable, much of that had to do with the time between when the catalogs arrived and when one could actually plant. They have just extended my winter by at least a week and maybe more. BASTARDS!


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate. With the best ever made by the SB from the cream from the top of some un-homogenized milk I bought him. When you could still do that. BASTARDS.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wrap. Except for the typewriter I got when I was about 7. Santa left it out with a typed note that said "Thanks for the cookies and milk. Next year, please leave salami and beer."

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Um, colored I think. On the tree. House? I spend enough time on a ladder painting the stinkin' house that I don't feel the need to get on one to decorate. BASTARDS

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Love the idea. Not so good with the implementation.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Hopefully before the tree turns to tinder and I pitch it out as a fire hazard.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
My mom makes these Parmesan chicken wings.....


7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child.
Hmmm.Keeping my brother up all night because I was too wound up about Santa to sleep? Buttering the popcorn we were using to string for the tree. The year my step dad and mom put boot prints in the ashes in the fireplace? Having the guinea pig select the present opening time (Oh, wait, that still happens....)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
The parents admitted it, but we already knew from kids in school. BASTARDS

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas eve?
Yes, all of them. It means I don't have to get up early on Christmas day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
With a variety of things from jewel tone glass ornaments to beaded fish to plastic bugs

11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
love it, but living on the bus line, I never get out of work for it. BASTARDS

12. Can you ice skate?
A bit. It helps if I go really fast and if there aren't too many obstacles/people.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Nope.

14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Being with people I care about and having time to do nothing.

15. What is your favorite Holiday dessert?
Ditto Cho-girl

16. What is your favorite Holiday tradition?
Seeing which crazy stunt my step dad has invented for choosing what time to open presents. My favorites are the ones that involve explosions.

17. What tops your tree?
Um, it has actually been a while since I have decorated a tree. I don't remember.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
I love giving and I love making things for people. I wish I had more time....

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
The Drummer boy sticks in my head most often. BASTARD.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Yum but only with hot chocolate. See #1 above

No comments: