Monday, April 28, 2008

Way behind, as usual

So after all the primping and planning about "fixing" the beehive, turns out, the bees had taken care of the whole thing all by themselves. I shouldn't be surprised, but I am. They are amazing. I can't believe how calm they are when I am out there. There I am, prying the roof off the house and they just keep on keepin' on.

Sunday Cho-girl and I and another friend went Chicken Coop Touring. Comparing how different people solve the chicken run/coop challenge. Then we went to Tractor Supply to "look" at some baby chickens. Luckily, they were fresh outta the little guys. Thank heavens. I expect chicks and ducklings are only a teeny bit more resistible than kittens. Though having a cat actually makes kittens more resistible. Check out Starrhill Girl's recent cat antics.

With luck, tomorrow afternoon we will be doing a coop raising in the next neighborhood over. There are SO many people with chickens. It is remarkable. Cho suggested a float in the next Dogwood Parade. Instead of candy we can throw eggs. Sign me up. I'll start working out my throwing arm.

No comments: