Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Monday

Labor Day. I celebrated by doing as little labor as possible. My sis in law and I went to Joann's which was a mob scene of people buying Halloween stuff. Huh? It's like two months away, dude. Isn't the fun racing around at the last second trying to find a costume? But perhaps this is the reason people always ask me what I am supposed to be. I hate Halloween especially for this reason.

Also, at Joann's, there was wrapping paper. That would be Christmas wrapping paper, people. I am not kidding. It made me want to hide. Hide my checkbook anyway.

Today I started by Survey Research Class at UVA. I haven't applied to the program yet, but I have been merrily taking classes in program evaluation, research and statistics. Well, not merrily taking statistics but.....What is keeping me from applying... one stinkin' essay that I can't seem to get on the schedule. I am such a loser.

To combat my guilt from not doing what I was supposed to this weekend (you remember the "paint the house thing?) I have allayed my guilt by coming up with another project. Which I need like a hole in the head. I want to get the neighborhood involved in the Red Scarf Project. I think we have a couple of knitters around, and it would be a nice way to ease into the holiday season . Last year we sponsored a family and did a cookie exchange. I hope to be able to do that again, too.

With all the CRAP that happens in the neighborhood, I think it is nice to be able to forget our differences and come together to support folks who are less fortunate. I think it makes us remember how lucky we are to live in such a lovely and remarkable place.

No comments: