Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Good Stuff

I was inspired by all the vintage sewing blogs I have been reading lately. That inspiration combined with a weekend full of sunshine meant that I actually dragged out some of my fun vintage things and took some photos. Here we go.

First, but not vintage... The sock I have started ....
And the yarn, beautiful to behold....
Some buttons, still on the card, from my great aunt Marge's attic....
An old bone crochet hook, also from Marge's attic. Have I told you about the attic? Oh my, well that is another story entirely.....
Snaps on an old card... I love this stuff. Also, most likely from The Attic.... (doesn't her outfit remind you of Wonder Woman?)
Here is a quilt top from a yard sale I bought for $2. What to do with it?
Some old weaving bobbins from a flea market...purely decorative....
This FANTASTIC piece of hand work given to me by the SB many years ago and STILL wanting to be framed and hung, but how? It really is delightful.... Entirely of satin stitches. The most fantastical birds and flowers....
One of the few Vogue patterns I have, my tastes and budget run more to Advance Patterns... More on those after another sunny weekend.... Check out that saucy blond!
One of my favorite children's patterns.... I just love this coat! (And I also love how the older girl is gettin' all bossy.)
Finally, one of my favorite pattern envelopes... So cute. I can't believe the price on it though... I wonder what else 35 cents would have bought during that time period!
OK, that is all for now. This should get me off the hook for a few days in the posting pictures department.

No comments: