Saturday, November 24, 2007

Remiss

I have been remiss about this blog thing... But, the SB was in town for a few days for the holiday so I decided to spend as much time with him as possible. Last Sunday was beautiful and we spent the whole day in the garden planting, mowing and moving things. I planted some pincushion flowers and snap dragons that I started from seeds earlier. We went to dinner, ran into friends and made Thanksgiving dinner for 10 guests. I made the best turkey EVAR. Mom picked it up at Whole Foods and it was a real USDA organic thing. It was expensive, but out of this world great. I don't usually like turkey. I have to say the biggest hit were the chickpeas my friend from Bangladesh brought as an appetizer. They were spicy and mixed with potatoes and maybe a little spinach and we mixed them with puffed rice for crunch. I am definitely going to have to try this and I will post the recipe if I figure it out. I had asked for something festive and this is something she and her family eat often to break the day long fasts during Ramadan.

The SB left yesterday for DC with our friend and former C'villian D for fun and to check out a program in Alexandria where he might spend next year, or possibly some of the next doing an architectural internship.

So I am here, and I have to catch up on my dress project. I did a little work last night, but .... Today and Sunday are devoted. Except that I have to babysit today.

No comments: