Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Kick 'em when they are down

So you expect that your day may not be all sunshine and roses when your mechanic calls and you say "how are you?", politely, and he answers "I'm fine, but you're not". Gulp. The almost manageable $400 jumped to $600-ish in a few short hours of investigation. Damn.

So it is looking more and more like the trusty Nissan is for the scrap heap. Or the parts yard. Someone is going to get a massively good deal on a starter (used only 7 or 8 times). Gah.

Anyway, I'll be looking for another vehicle and in the meantime, begging, borrowing or stealing transport. I don't think of myself as using my car much, but I guess I do...Clearly I do. There is milk to fetch and children to watch. But at least I can get to work without problems. THAT is a huge relief.

Anyway.... I guess it all works out one way or the other in the end. I bet I get kinda creative.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fuuuuuudge!