Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Seriously....

SOMEONE needs to do something about the rain situation. Clear fall days are all fine and good, but seriously. We haven't had more than an inch of rain since July. I am starting to think a hurricane would be just fine about now.

The garden is limping along. The long beans are pretty much done. The squash are just hanging out waiting for us to bring them in. I have arugula, chard, carrots, beets, broccoli raab, mustard greens and some lettuce. More chard and spinach on the way. The peppers are giving their last hurrah and producing like crazy. We are drying and freezing. The first tomatoes are pretty much done and there is a little more okra coming. A few cukes and summer squash. We have nearly lost our blueberries because I am an idiot and keep forgetting to water them. The old blueberry doesn't really wilt, it just starts to die - gah! I need some notice please!!!! I think we have saved them though harvest next spring will be totally hit or miss.

Please join me in a rain dance. Soonest.

No comments: